Red Profit Margin, White Christmas, Blu-Ray!
Posted on December 24, 2008
Yes, nothing like waiting until the last minute to send out a Christmas blog/letter. So what can be said about 2008 that hasn’t been already? It would be easy to concentrate on the negative things because so many people have been in the muck of it all, especially with the economy. Heck, my own day job is in the automotive industry and no matter who you work for or supply (Larry, Curly or Moe), it’s been downhill. Well, I’m not going to concentrate on that. We’ve all had enough negativity. Instead, I’m going to share some of the highlights from the year.
1) I finally found a Widescreen DVD copy of Megaforce! Cool, eh?
2) My first book was republished and the sequel given a first printing. Both are also on e-book. Even cooler, huh? (Did I mention the Megaforce DVD?)
3) Composer Richard Band’s soundtrack to Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn was released and I was able to license the main theme for a promotional spot for the books on YouTube. You should check it out if you haven’t been forced to watch it already. (Did I neglect to tell you that Barry Bostwick is attending DragonCon in 2009? He played Ace Hunter in Megaforce.)
4) Ralph and I took several trips to attend book signings and spend some quality time together. (I plan on having Barry sign the Megaforce film poster, a still photo or two from it and the DVD cover.)
5) For his Christmas gift, I took my father to see Sarah Brightman’s latest concert and also to meet her backstage. (I completely forgot to mention that I also own a copy of the Megaforce script and press packet.)
6) Ralph doesn’t know it yet, but he’s getting some very sweet Christmas gifts of his own; a Muppet calendar, Gossip Girl calendar, and the new Knight Rider GPS unit with the voice of William Daniels as K.I.T.T.. (I fully plan to chat with Barry throughout the DragonCon weekend. I suspect he has a wealth of knowledge he’ll be willing to share about the production and filming of Megaforce.)
7) I am extremely grateful that this has been a year of reconnecting with old friends, strengthening ties with current friends, meeting new friends and celebrating one friend turning 40…for which I was extremely pleased about since I have several years to go before reaching that age myself. (Barry will most likely be calling Security.)
8) One hyphenated word; Blu-Ray. It’s so preeeeeeeeeety! (Barry won’t escape me that easily.)
And with that, I wish you all a very, very Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas or whatever seasonal greeting you prefer and also a peaceful, prosperous and other “p” adjective New Year! Just remember, the good guys always win, even in the 00s.
Yours in the bookstores, online, in nightmares or erotic dreams (if you’re, you know, cute),
Kristoffer Gair (who formerly wrote under the pseudonym Kage Alan) is the Detroit-based author of Honor Unbound, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To My Sexual Orientation, Andy Stevenson Vs. The Lord Of The Loins, Gaylias: Operation Thunderspell, several short stories featured in anthologies (to be combined in a forthcoming book), the recently re-published novella Falling Awake, its sequel, Falling Awake II: Revenant and Falling Awake III: Requiem.
2 Responses to “Red Profit Margin, White Christmas, Blu-Ray!”
December 24, 2012 at 10:57 am
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and ever onward…..MERRY CHRISTMAS, Kris!
Vastine Bondurant says:
December 24, 2012 at 1:51 pm
So am I to understand that you like this Barry Bostwick fellow? LOL…
Okay, I have to confess. I had a mega crush on him, as he was, you know, the Mini-Series King for such a long time.
Happy Christmas to you and Ralph, Kris!